PrivateEdge gives extensive protection to individual directors, if they’re sued, investigated, threatened or prosecuted because of their management of the company.
A few of the practical ways that PrivateEdge helps individuals:
- Investigations and prosecutions – cover for costs of representing, coaching and preparing individual directors for any investigations and prosecutions by regulators or trade and professional associations.
- Damages and settlements – cover for individual director’s damages and settlements, like damages awarded against a director to creditors after a business insolvency or a director’s liabilities for corporate tax.
- Disqualification and extradition – cover for directors’ legal and expert costs to defend themselves against any actions to disqualify them, or to extradite them (also includes PR costs to protect the director’s reputation).
- Confiscation and assets – cover for the costs of fighting any proceedings to confiscate their property or to freeze their assets (includes paying school fees, mortgage and utility payments for the director).
- Retired directors – cover for retired directors for actual or alleged wrongful acts against them whilst acting as directors – even if their successors do not maintain D&O cover.